To summarise, the activities of the CERCA Institute primarily focus on the following:
- Facilitating and fostering the adoption of common policies in research management, scientific development and knowledge transfer, identifying and taking advantage of synergies and economies of scale.
- Contributing to strengthening cooperation and scientific exchanges with the best centres and universities in the world, fostering interdisciplinary research, coordinated transversal programmes, the mobility of researchers and the recruiting and retaining of talent on an international scale.
- Increasing and facilitating the transfer of knowledge to the business sector and to society in general, in addition to the support, assessment and fostering of the creation of spin-off companies arising from patents or results.
- Fostering the involvement and commitment of the financial and business sectors and society in general.
- Making visible the impact of research and the international presence of the Government of Catalonia’s system of research centres.